Thursday, December 08, 2011

Turning pain into praise

Holy Spirit, we thank You for Your work in our lives! - ALL GLORY AND HONOUR!  
Thank You for being my closest friend and Lover. <3 
Show us Your Glory, daily Lord! 



"If you don't know my pain, you will never understand my praise. =) 
It don't matter what you think about me, I owe Him all the praise!
Cause if it had not been for the Lord on my side, where would I be?
I have an emergency- I've gotta praise my way out!"



"You have turned my mourning into dancing, my sorrow into joy" =)



I've lost some good friends along life's way
Some loved ones departed in Heaven to stay
But thank God I didn't lose everything
I've lost faith in people who said they care
In the time of my crisis they were never there
But in my disappointment in my season of pain
One thing never wavered one thing never changed

CHORUS
I never lost my hope
I never lost my joy
I never lost my faith
But most of all
I never lost my praise

CHOIR:
My praise, still here, my praise still----here


I've let some blessings slip away
And I lost my focus and went astray
But thank God I didn't lose everything
I've lost possessions that were so dear
And I've lost some battles by walking in fear
But in the midst of my struggle, in my season of pain
One thing never wavered, one thing never changed


I guess the greatest lesson I've learnt is that I truly am not a reliable "thing", "being", etc. I cannot possibly know what the future entails, I cannot be trusted to make the right decisions all the time, I cannot save anyone- it's Jesus who did all of that on the Cross at Calvary those very many years ago. 

He deserves all the praise, all the glory and all the honour. The salvation of others in my life can only be credited to the Most High. I am truly grateful to be alive. I am truly grateful to be given this chance to shine for You, Lord. To be in places where least expected, Your Glory can show up. 

I made a commitment to You in July that I will go to the ends of the earth and will follow You until the end of time. =) Lord, please guide me daily and show me what to do. I am NOTHING without You. 

Every fibre of my being needs You, Holy Spirit, in order to survive. 

I loved what Galvin posted on Facebook: 

I learnt something today. It doesn't matter whether you think with your head or heart. You can't get it right. The issue is information asymmetry. 

Without God, we are " ever hearing, but never understanding; 
[be] ever seeing, but never perceiving. "

Truly, without You we are nothing. Cause Your Word says that "I AM the vine and you are the branches, if any man remain in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit- apart from me you can do nothing" John 15:5

I need You more. Cause I never want to go back to my old life. 


So more than watchmen for the morning, I will wait for You, my God
When my fears come with no warning, In Your Word I'll put my trust
I will wait. I will wait for You. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment