Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lessons from Girlfriends in God

I have got to say this:
Throughout this life, I have had no lack of awesome and beautiful Girlfriends in God. 

No matter where, when or what- the Lord still connects us somehow. And I am grateful to Him, always.

Adele, dearest sister and prayer partner since 2007



Ely neighbour- emergency response center since 2007. lol. <3


Natkwee since 2005, my crazy panda in Cornell

Amie dearest, the one who coined the term GIG <3 

gladys- missionary to east timor and joycie- the ogilvy graduate program girl! <3

my younger sis shua whom God led me to. such an encouragement to me.

Rose the beautiful the "V" in this picture. Jamba juiced since 2008. <3
Robin "robynhood" my woman of faith in the philippines! <3
sharon, charlene and grace. <3

Lessons from GIGs:
"Let go, relinquish control, move on and let God be God. His plans are far greater than you ever thought."

Today I had the chance to spend some quality time with two of my GIGs whom I have missed dearly. One of them just came out of the hospital and the other had just gotten her braces fixed. hee hee. too cute la she.

It is interesting to note that the GIGs God have placed into my life lately (all five of them) have been dumped and experienced inexplicable pain in relationships before. Haha. God knows I need ministry, so He sent me these beautiful, wonderful women of God.

The funny thing though is that out of the 5, 3 of them are currently attached and in a way that far exceeded their expectations of what a relationship should be like. lol. ALL THREE of them said that their current relationship was the result of:
1. Trusting God
2. Letting Go
3. Forgiveness
4. Singleness
5. Contentment
6. The guy pursuing
7. Prayer

=)

It is amazing to me the way the Lord created the support that he knew a person of my character and make up would require, just for me. He does love me huh? ^_^v
Hebrews 10: 23- 25 is such an amazing encouragement to me and I thank God for the fellowship of my dearest sisters:
23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

It is a relief to hear that I am the not the only one who had to go through the heartache of loss, the others did and more horribly than I am coping too. Thank God for His protection on my life, truly. =) It is also such an encouragement to have living, shining examples of yieldedness for me to emulate after in this life.

After this HTHT that I had with my girls, I realised I was truly grateful for the trials and tests that God had put me through all my life. I never once felt like He was not in control. He is always in control. I felt like I OVER-CONTROLLED the release process and it's such a good reminder to have these GIGs in my life; living testimonies of God's goodness- ahead of me in this whole learning about relationships process. lol.

I also had the tremendous support of GIGs who were overseas. It is amazing! A GIG for instance, simply whatsapps me the verses and lessons that she is learning while on exchange and sends them to me to encourage me. She's highly prophetic too, this girl. hahaha. Such a sweetheart, doesn't know it though. ;P (the prophetic part, not the sweet part- that one she knows. hahaha.)

Another crazy one whom I miss dearly cause we only meet once a year, facebook messaged me that "everyone feels terrible after a breakup, but you out of all people should be able to see the lessons that God has for you." That is true. Thank you for reminding me of what faith can do. <3

I was reminded today that I should NEVER CHANGE the way God created me just to fit into another mould. I'm meant to make friends, love people, make connections, build bridges, bring God's healing touch and gentle correction, interpret dreams, prophesy, pray for families and nations, be an open book and a living testimony and follow God all my life with a joyful heart. I am not about to let the devil destroy my joy or torment me with "what ifs" and thoughts so that I forget my blessings and God's plans. =) Thank you for reminding me of that. I am unique, special, created by God to fulfill His special purpose. And nothing else, including the kind of job I'm in, to the house I live in, to what happens in my family to what happens to me in relationships should ever separate me from the Love of God. Psalm 63! =)

The July 2011 Declaration stays the same (lol! like some political event or signing in Korea or something...hahaha) God is the center of it all. Truly and I will go the distance, be faithful in the small things and shine for the Lord the way I was created to. Not in anyway that man can affect me anymore. I refuse to let that happen to me. Not when there is so much going on and so much at stake in this world. Papa, YOU LEAD ME. Holy Spirit You strengthen me and Jesus- remind me of how you ruled and reigned on this earth.

No matter the task, no matter the order, I will follow You. Lord, even though I can choose the path of least resistance, Father I will take the cross- I WILL GO THE DISTANCE!



The father and the son stepped outLooked down at the world belowA distant world where sin's strong armHad struck a fatal blowThere had to be a sacrificeAcross a lonely hillSomeone had to span the globeSo Jesus said "I will"
I will go the distanceI will go that farI will give up everything to bring them where You areEventhough I could choose the path that least resistanceFather I will take the crossI will go the distance
To think about His sacrificeLeaves me with a choice to makeSo many stand just out of reachWith eternity at stakeI can be the 'go-between'Who'll walk the extra mileIf just one should find their wayThen it's been worth the while
I will go the distanceI will go that farI will give up everything to bring them where You areEventhough I could choose the path that least resistanceFather I will take the crossI will go the distance
I will go the distanceI will go that farI will give up everything to bring them where You areEventhough I could choose the path that least resistanceFather I will take the crossI will go the distance
Father I will take the crossI will go the distance
 

No comments:

Post a Comment