Monday, December 19, 2011

A decade on...

^_^ 

Did I say that I love my brothers? As much as I love my beautiful and awesome Girlfriends in God, I am grateful for my brothers too.

So there are my BICs - Brothers In Christ whom I am so so so blessed to know because of SMU, my band of BSM Israel brothers, my beloved boy cousins whom I am stuck with no matter what.. Lol. My lil bro whom I really really love is really the bestest bro anyone could ever ask for. <3 I also thank God for the "brothers" whom I've know for a decade already.

My treasured relationships from secondary school are these three bros who have walked with me through the last ten/ eleven years of life. =)

I truly am blessed to have them in my life. They are such dears. =) I love the fact that we can reconnect on any topic the moment we meet without any awkwardnes whatsoever. It is a joy to see how much we've grown and changed in our looks, attitudes and outlooks in life. They are tremendous pillars of support all these years and I thank God for them daily. I love guy centric-advice, lol... "don't think so much" and "take one step at a time"- the lessons that God has been teaching me all along. Lol. I love them so much, really. It is amazing we survived the pubescent years, quarrels, awkwardness, time and distance apart. Relationships and friendships are a lot of work, but indeed worth it at the end of the day. =)

Meeting another dear brother (dubbed the "diva") to re-record a Christmas song we did in an album in 2008. This should be fun! God is really really good to me. He always has been. /edit: goodness!!! How could I forget my besties around the world!?! Kikyung in Korea, Andy in France and Chris in New Zealand! Thanks for your friendship too. You all have been such amazing friends and brought so much sweetness into my life. Thank you and thank God for all of you.

Met weera in the basement of smu last night by accident while on a walk through smu with the bros. He was recounting to me that his pastor's message for this Christmas season is to turn to Him to fill any and all gaps, and not to human beings especially in the seasons when "love" is promoted, i.e. Christmas and Valentine's Day. Lol. Very good reminder too.

I truly find it a joy to serve the Lord. He surprises me on a daily basis with His word, devotions and the people He brings across my path. I owe Him everything I have in this life, be it my family, my friends, my job, my talents- they are all His to use. And finding out that I am of use to Him is a great honour.

"In Christ alone will I glory, though I could pride myself in battles won. I've been blessed beyond measure and by His strength alone I'll overcome. Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hand, but those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand.

In Christ alone I place my trust and find my Glory in the power of the cross. In every victory let it be said of me, my source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone."

Reading for today is Romans 12. Be blessed in His Word! ^_^

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment