Tuesday, December 06, 2011

"because of love..."

In the line of work that I do, it seems like I'm part-time counsellor and part-time consultant.


Helping others see the light of situations when they can't see it for themselves- my role is to point them to where they can get help and FAST. Hopefully in the process, they find God too. ^_^


Today I had the chance to hear a woman's story that shook me up and made the women's rights activist in me stand up.


She is married, but a widow- why you ask? Her husband's work takes him overseas most of the time. He works in an oil rigging business. She has grown used to the feelings of missing him and the loneliness she feels while awaiting his return is filled with her children's lives and her meagre work. Her friends support her as well cause her income is below the normal mean line. She is asking for help for her children to go through school and considering entering a few of them into a children 's home until they finish school. Her husband's income should be enough but he spends it on plane tickets, hotels and...another lady.


She watches as her husband leaves her behind every month on his business trips- with another woman, his trusted business partner. She knows that her husband's affections are no longer hers, but that the lady now owns them.


"So why do you still let them go off together everytime!?!" I cry in indignation.


"Because of love, dear. Because I love him. I only want the best for him and if I left with his family, it will kill him" she answered.


"You would not do ANYTHING for your children to see that this is not what marriage is about? Prevent this from happening again in the next generation!?!"


She tears "I would do anything to let them see that a wife and mother will do ANYTHING to keep her family together."


She is brave to always hope in her husband. Not sure if I can do the same if I were in her shoes. I cannot imagine the amount of emotional and mental torture she suffers because she knows that another woman runs her husband's life and has his heart. She suffers from depression frequently. Especially when she sees this other lady brought into HER home. She often feels that she is not good enough for her husband. But she picks herself up and continues to live for her children's sake.


Because of love... We would do almost anything. Because of love?


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment