Monday, December 05, 2011

Once upon a December

"Once upon a December"
A haunting melody
Words that reflect an orphaned child's cry
"someone holds me safe and warm"

"Things I almost remember"-
But shouldn't.
She tries to make it go away
This nightmare of being abandoned

She tries to hear instead that voice singing to her-
"on the wind, cross the sea, hear this song and remember
Soon you'll be home with me- once upon a December"
That feeling of belonging with someone who loved her

Anastasia means "she will rise again"
The girl dares herself to move
To dance, to learn how to remove every trace of pain
To trust, to smile, to love again? (maybe)

A fairytale that ended up breaking her heart
Pieces of a puzzle that shouldn't have connected
Can someone tell me a happier ending to the story where Anastasia loses Dimitri?
Anything other than this one.

"Dancing bears, painted wings...things I almost remember
And a song someone sings, once upon a December.
Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory.

Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know,things it yearns to remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December..."

/edit: Girlfriend to esther after reading blog: "Hey dear. U gotta always remember u r someone so special u deserve someone who treasures u n respects u n treats u well."

In the end the issue is still- self-worth. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment