Friday, December 09, 2011

My world is safe in Your hands

"You hold my world in Your hands, You hold my world in Your hands and I am amazed at Your love. I am amazed that You love me. MY WORLD IS SAFE IN YOUR HANDS!" ^_^


Was invited to chen su lan methodist children's home (serangoon garden way) for their annual christmas and thanksgiving concert tonight. The kids were soooo cute kaes? Lol. (more pics on facebook) ended up also have a really good but quick dinner date with the sister at gardens. <3


But two things struck me about tonight:


1. These were the faces of the orphans I had been working my butt off to help. My heart was aching for them but at the same time feeling like my work had meaning. ^_^ I also saw the way they had NOTHING in this world but Jesus and how they were still praising him.


2. Which brings me to my second point. I had forgotten what it was like to be in school, a methodist school environment, and tonight reminded me of all the days and nights of chapel band practice for friday morning worship in ACS International. DIVA SEAN!! You should have been here. Lol. Their drummer was so funny- playing out of time and knowing it but still giving it his best. =) I miss miles, evan, hughlyn, alisa, iain, mel and you sean. Those hours of band practice in 2005-2006 really laid the foundations of what would prove to be the vital ingredient of keeping me focused on the Lord in the years to come- constant praise. It was because of Friday morning worship that would result in the CPR story in HV or the wonderful revolution amongst the ACS Intl kids to have free worship in the halls- hahahaha. We brought in the presence of the Lord with our noisy praise! And guess what? I saw a glimpse of that again tonight. Was almost as if God was reminding me "Don't throw away the lessons you've learnt in this walk with me. I am with you always." The worship was out of tune, out of time but because children led it, I began to tear up as I sang familiar words like "One Way Jesus! You're the only One that I could live for!" Oh what glorious words to sing to the King and reminded me of who is truly in charge of everything in this short but sweet lifetime on earth.


My life came to a standstill in those few moments of shrill, off tune, out of time music. I remembered. I realised. My soul renewed and refreshed itself because of the memories of His faithfulness in my life. I would have cried but the hall was full to the brim with people.


Hallelujah! You hold my world in Your hands and You won't let go! Greater things to come!!!! Impossible is nothing in You Lord God!


Thank You for reminding me of Your faithfulness in my life, Lord. Thank You. This heart of gratitude I give to You.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment