Saturday, December 17, 2011

To love and cherish

the bride and her father as they walked into the church and down the aisle.

Lol. So another wedding has taken place in the family. ^_^  This time someone is married INTO the family.

Which makes it 2 down and 9 more to go for grandma. Lol. In order of birth, 3 more before me (hahaha. Thank God still got buffer.)

I love listening to wedding vows. The priest's words were very apt- to remind couples of the ability to always learn to love and have faith in each other. To accommodate wrongs and to give each other space to grow. Very realistic and a very good reminder. ^_^

Two weddings in the family one year after another. The cousins are very well versed in their roles at a wedding by now. Last year's wedding of 800 saw my aunt as the commanding officer and all of us executing our roles accordingly. Haha, this year- everything was on autopilot and also thank God that it was 1/4 the size of last year's affair. I love these quiet moments of jokes and laughter behind the scenes. <3 God is really good to me, truly.

Couz looked like he was the happiest man alive today. =) I've never seen him smile so much since childhood at having found his very own "best friend", "soulmate" and "life partner" (said in speech). ^_^ I'm glad for him. We were joking that at the entrance of my cousin in law, the average IQ of my family just went up by a good 50 points (LSE top of her cohort and oxford masters, consultant) but then again he was a head prefect, an Imperial college engineer graduate and a standard chartered associate himself. =_="

I realised that my family and extended family is really special and I really truly love and miss them each time we are apart- but I've been seeing more of them since the incident happened with dad and crises do indeed draw us together.

/edit: I also had the supreme pleasure of having two GIGs join me for the wedding lunch today- amie and joan. <3 thanks for coming! and we then had a really good girl time out (okay, with ryan too after that..lol!) I thank God for them reflecting His faithfulness in my life. And I also thank God for great HTHT sessions that we have. God is really good, amen? =) He meets all our needs. Spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, financial, material, and any other possible -al. <3 We praise You, Lord!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment