Monday, September 26, 2011

I was made to praise You



"I was made to praise You
I was made to glorify Your name
In every circumstance
To find a chance to thank You
I was made to love You
I was made to worship at Your feet
And to obey You Lord
I was made for You."

Sitting in the ward alongside daddy as he heals is an amazing process for me. I learnt about what the body is able or unable to do without assistance, I learnt about blood and I learnt about life.


No matter what the circumstance, no matter what the situation, you learn something about God and the lessons He is teaching you.


The first thing I learnt about gangrene is that it starts small, it grows quietly...but untreated it can flare up and consume a part of the body. Just like unforgiveness.


It starts small, something that was done wrong to you or someone has violated you...if not forgiven of... Can grow. To constantly think about the wrongs that has been done to you by man (and in most human cases, the blame goes to God) can only cause wounds to fester in the system, until it consumes and overtakes a part of your life.


Unforgiveness is as toxic to the system as gangrene is to the physical body. So choosing forgiveness is like medicine to the soul.


I type this lesson because of the harrowing two weeks of emotional pain I put myself through. But when you are faced with the prospect of love and freedom, that choice comes easily. Choose life and life more abundantly.


Miracles DO happen, daily I see my dad gain strength, his foot regain a bit of colour from pitch black and his life flood with more hope in the Lord.


Daily I examine myself the same way as doctors look after their patients. I look for what can cause "sicknesses" and "diseases" in my spirit and soul and get rid of it before anything can flare up on me and before the enemy can gain a foothold in my life. 


"It is finished." ^_^
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment