Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Joy will come (taxi testimonies)



"and the month which was turned unto them from sorrow to joy, and from mourning into a good day: that they should make them days of feasting and joy" - Esther 9:22


He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness. 
-Job 33:26


But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
-Psalm 5:11


Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
-Psalm 6:11




"There is healing in Your wings" ^_^ I never thought I'd heal this fast or this quickly. But it is a testimony to a good God that we serve. 


I asked God if condemnation and judgment was really mine to bear in this season. (and then moped around for half a day) but then...as you know me; I always ask God for His fingerprints. 


Many of you know my story of the Mercedes cabs. In Singapore we have different kinds of taxis but I have always thought that the white ones were the prettiest. Just a personal kind of sign between me and God about purity and ministry. LOL. In July when God gave me the covenant of Queen Esther, He gave me a credit card that I could charge up to the max in Heaven (amie, ryan, tai wei, gladys, david, ephraim who were there knows this). So as usual, I would demand of God. =) 




After the ministry trip to Indonesia with daddy, I asked God to confirm to me if He would be with me always, and since we were in the taxi queue, I asked Him to prove it to me by sending me a mercedes cab; since the queue had none. I guess God likes challenges cause He issued one right back "Sure. But you have to trust me and not look behind you." hahahaha. *challenge issued and challenge accepted* 


Of course it's not easy and of course I was tempted to peek. (I didn't) when it got to us, there were still different kinds of cabs and no others. But, as we walked towards the empty bay to wait for the cab, I saw a flash of white. LOL! My God of the 11th hour prevaileth! hahaha. 


In the same way too, last Monday, on amie's birthday I asked God to prove that He heard my prayers about "love covering over a multitude of sins" and that my sins were made as white as snow. But since I was picking up amie's birthday cake, I was late. I thought to myself "oh well...since I'm late I might as well arrive in style." and asked God for a mercedes cab to pick me up from the Tropics Atrium of suntec. Those of you who ever queued there for a cab know that you can see cabs from a mile away. And when it came to my turn there were no taxis. Nada. Zero. Zilch. 


I was beginning to become fidgety. I had a cake that was melting in a box and my friends were waiting for me. I was about to cross over to the main road to flag a cab myself when... I saw a flash of white. LOL!!!! God heard me again.


Yesterday (a week later) I took a bus to work from my house (first time trying out this new route and bus number) and got off at the wrong bus stop. Which made me hopelessly lost in an area I am not familiar with. Ulu ubi. hahaha. Great. I was on a quiet road with no cars, one bus number on it and most certainly no cabs. 


So I took the time to talk to God and formulate a plan. I was going to be late for my meeting with my boss and colleagues. So I prayed "Lord, if you have indeed pardoned all my sins and 'O King, if I have found favour in Your sight' and You hear my requests, please send me a taxi to get me to work." 


Okay, so this time I didn't ask specifically for a mercedes taxi. lol. But...I saw a flash of white as I said "amen". I was thinking to myself "NO WAY, is it too good to be true?" So a secret passcode I immediately asked God to confirm if this was Him was to get uncle to answer me "I know the way, do no worry."


I told the uncle "sorry uncle, but I am not familiar with this place. I need to get to the vertex for a meeting in ten minutes. how?"


and he answered me "I know the way, do no worry." the exact words. *tears came to my eyes*


This is not the end of the story, but my colleague and I had to hop skip jump to another location at the end of our meeting and we had been waiting for the bus for quite some time, when he suddenly turned to me and said "let's fly instead."  I was giving him the "like what!?!" look when he suddenly said. "Spread your wings and fly." 


"What are you talking about?" I asked. "You, my dear are made for greater and better things than the ordinary. Spread your wings and fly." And I did, jokingly- I stuck my hands out...and a mercedes cab pulled up (again). 


My colleague was grinning like mad and we took the cab to our next meeting. All the while, I was crying tears of joy and relief  that flooded my heart. I am under His covenant of Love and freedom. He heard me. One single human being. One undeserving woman. One child.


God hears us. God restores us. God heals. God is my provider. God is my protector. God is my defence. God is my shield. God is my victory. God is my Lover. And through You my heart screams "I AM FREE!"





No comments:

Post a Comment