Friday, September 23, 2011

People need the Lord

Sitting in a hospital waiting for news makes me realise a couple of things:

1. NUH is a place of contrasts. The place is alive with young, eager doctors and nurses, smiley filippinos and people who love their jobs, especially in the C class wards (they didn't have a bed for him in another ward, so he's in the 8 bedder one). This is in direct contrast to the emergency ward where energy and stress levels are really high. Pain and hurt is etched everywhere and stuff just is gruesome in there. I saw four car accident patients in the time I was waiting for my dad to be warded...it ain't pretty.

2. Kopitiam is STILL the center of activity. Hahaha. Singaporeans. Seriously. I see the happiest faces here. Young kids eating ice kacang, families sharing a meal or doctors having their first meal getting off their shift. ^_^

3. Life is precious. Live it with the people who mean something to you. Don't wait to tell the people you love that you love them. It is the simple truth, that when you're faced with death- all the things that seemed so important lose their shine and all the things that you didn't seem to find important or beautiful take precedence in our lives. Like family and loved ones. No one thinks about the flatscreen TV they just bought or the work they have left in their offices, or the quarrels they started with someone else... they think of the people they love. And because I keep telling you guys that I DO LOVE YOU, I have no regrets in this life. ^_^

All the operating theatres happen to be on the same floor and the feelings of people waiting in the different sectors of the building is completely different, which I noted here.

I saw anguish in the faces of family members of cardiac arrest patients for not being able to spend more time with their loved one or for not saying "I love you" enough. A little girl just kept saying "I love you, daddy" over and over and over to herself.

I saw fear while people waited for news and results of surgery. The very basic human emotions surface at this time. Fear- love- anger.

But what I saw the most was Hope. People had no choice but to place their hope in the hands of the doctors and nurses they had submitted themselves to for care.

How apt then that I had a glimpse of my situation here. I have hope because I trust that my Father is the One in control, the subject matter expert, the One who knows what He is doing even when everything (and sometimes, everyone) around me seems crazy.

I have hope because I KNOW who I serve. He has never failed me and He never will.

I have hope because be it life or death, my life is in His hands- He is in charge.

Queen Esther's challenge and her triumph was this- that she loved not her life until the death and even when she had to face afflictions in a visible position in society, she submitted to the hand of the Lord in her life. She surrendered her life to the Lord. It is still the challenge that God issues to me everyday. "Gather all the people to fast and pray for me for three days, let them not eat or drink. At the end of those three days, I will go to the King unsummoned and against protocol. And if I perish, I perish."

She was an unbelievably gutsy and strong woman, to defy protocol and the laws of her time, to risk her life to speak on behalf of her people before the king. To stand firm for her beliefs... I believe I was named for the very same reason- to learn to surrender, to trust in the blueprint that God has for my life, to acknowledge that God is my all in all.  Although I face crazy situations (a lot, you have no idea), I have a strange and deep peace that passes all understanding and a grand hope for life.

These three weeks have been absolutely crazy for me. I think I have experienced the widest form of human emotions ever possible in the shortest period of time. But if I am able to showcase even a tiny fraction of the Love of God, the Hope I have in Him and the Faith that moves mountains to someone else who is suffering, to a believer who needs faith and to a pre-believer who knows that it is truly impossible to survive without God in my life...then I have done the best I could ever have done on this earth. I have shone for my King, I have lived for my Jesus and I have won His heart.

^_^ Dearest ones reading this, whom I love so very much, there is truly no other way to live than in the arms of His embrace. Every way else is just a shadow of the real thing- Jesus Christ is the real deal. In celebrations and in crisis, people will be looking at you for a glimpse of the Jesus that you talk about. <3

 Psalm 34: 19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." ^_^

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment