Thursday, September 08, 2011

Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for

I started out with this song...




I wasn't created to live this life alone
Made for Your glory I am not my own
Lord Your strength is made perfect in me
So I'll boast in the weakness I see

I am helpless helpless
And my heart is crying out for You
Jesus without Your presence
There is nothing I can do
I'm helpless without You

Lord in myself I am not enough
I need Your Spirit fill me with Your love
All I am and all that I do
Means nothing at all without You



But as I listened to the CD, I became freer. LOL!  I honestly was overcome with the fact that... I am OKAY! (after crying out buckets and buckets of tears while texting though)


That only means one thing, which both shocked and surprised me- GOD IS THE CENTER OF MY LIFE! hahahaha. And I am secure. I am free. Because "perfect love casteth out all fear" 


Everything that God was teaching me was in lead up to this moment! HALLELUJAH!





I know Lord Your plan for me is right
I need You to fulfill
Your purpose in my life
I submit to You my King
Be my everything
I'm coming to You again
Lord here I am

I surrender I surrender
Lord I surrender my life
Give it all to You
I surrender I surrender
Lord I surrender my life
Give it all to You

Humble and broken I come to You
I'm trusting and waiting
To see what You will do
Lord You know what's best
And at Your feet I find my rest
I'm coming to You again
Lord here I am

I surrender I surrender
Lord I surrender my life
Give it all to You
I surrender I surrender
Lord I surrender my life
Give it all to You



I really have surrendered! hahahaha. He REALLY is number one!!! ^_^ Oh joy that my soul knowesth this right well!!!! My 100% was hugging me while I typed this. This is surreal. Lord Jesus, I love you. <3


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love I am a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to the hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 


Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy, it is not does boast. It is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 


Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues they will be stilled; where there is knowledge it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 


And now these three things remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of this is love."


"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." - Proverbs 4:23


"And the peace of God that passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ." - Philippians 4:6-8


"Love is not a place to come and go as we please. It's a house we enter in and then commit to never leave. So lock the door behind you and throw away the key. We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees. 


To some, love is a word that they can fall into. When they're falling out, keeping that word is hard to do. Love will come to save us if we'll only call. He will ask nothing from us but demand we give our all. 


Love is a shelter in a raging storm and love brings peace in the middle of a war. And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door. No, Love is not a fight, but it's 
something worth fighting for. I will fight for you, will you fight for me? It's worth fighting for."- Warren Barfield (Love is not a fight, Fireproof)



No comments:

Post a Comment