Saturday, September 23, 2006

In Christ Alone

When I told you to watch this space, you really gotta. I told you I was hoping for my miracle. Sarina can give testimony to the fact that I could barely talk this morning, mel (and the history-geogers) can attest to the fact that I was hacking and coughing away like crazy in the audi during paper. Came home and checked temperature-had a fever. Ugh. Tried to sleep, couldn't, so woke up, bathed, changed and left for school. Amazing things God does. I sang. I sang through the sore throat. I sang through the coughing. I sang tonight at the methodist pastors thing. Miss Ling, Sean and Mr West are my witnesses. ^_^ To God Be The Glory!
Anyway, what do you do when the room lights are still on and you've come home feeling sick and nauseous... haha... blog! I went to Jeri's party after that. It was darn funny, sean came home with us to change-reach by 8.30 huh sean? lol. posting pics of party ASAP. Met hugh, couz, lix (and everybody else) there. Jeri looked gorgeous. Her setting was also gorgeous. ACT 1 is beautiful-especially with the fairy lights on. The food was good as well. I sat with cara, lix, mel, iain, sugi and sean. Then couz came (cue photo)and we chatted outside-laughing at his choice of casual wear. Everyone looked so glam tonight. ^_^ I had a good time jeri! (Kane you are a genius!)
Hmmm... pensive mood. I can tell you that people ain't all what they seem. (speaking of myself too, whenever I type about these things) Like I saw absolute adoration to the point of emasculation, lust, greed, debauchery all around me and it made me reflect- is it worth it? I mean looking at certain people, there are standards that have been set and expected to be upheld. But most of the time, you'll never see those standards reached. [daddy you're right, too high expectations and too harsh on self] That's why I zero-rised my expectations of people. Because they (and myself) let you down too often. I think to a certain extent I was sick because of this realisation as well as having just recovered. Sighs. You're right, nobody's perfect. But as new creatures in christ shouldn't we at least try to be the standard bearer? And... it's all those people that you don't seem to pay much attention to that seem to be able to reach out and touch you about God. "In Christ Alone I place my trust" I think that's a pretty good statement to live by.
Another thing I realised about myself is how unready I am to be involved in a boy-girl relationship, hahaha... seriously. Like I don't think one would succeed now (if you want to try...ROFL) I've been experiencing enough through the lives of my friends around me and nothing's impressed me about puppy love. "Even the best fall down sometimes.." yeah, I've had friends in relationships where I thought would last til they get married-but it's all unpredictable. Nothing's cast in stone unless it's " MENE MENE TEKEL PARSIN" lol. so emo. But yeah. I guess we all get moods like this. But it's true, when you get this kind of mood and agree with me, tag ok? I'll be glad to hear from you.

Sighs, shoutout to joel: hope you're ok dude. shoutout to daphne: huggles.
Love to all. esp kristi's ******. He's really very nice, I really like him as a person and keep him close to you! ^_^ God Bless! I am recovering! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment