Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You alone are worthy of all praise

This powerful song moved me to tears in Indonesia. Here is Sidney Mohede's write up:


"One of the hardest song for me to sing during the live recording on May 20th 2010, because of how much the song means to me. Wrote this song during a very rough season in my life many years ago. Grateful for His faithfulness and grace. I wrote the English translation so the non-Indonesians can understand the meaning of the song. This song features Andi Rianto, an amazing pianist, composer and producer in Indonesia. Be blessed!"





Hanya Kau tempat ku berlindung
Hanya Engkau laguku dan kekuatanku
Ijinkanlah kudatang menyembah
Membawa syukurku

Sedalamnya hatiku Kau-pun tahu
Dan kasih-Mu tak jauh dalam jiwaku
Didalam kesesakan
Didalam kemenangan
Kutau Engkau selalu bersamaku

English:
You alone are my only refuge
You alone are my song and my strength
Let me come before You in worship
And bring You my gratitude

The deepest part of my heart You know
And Your love is never far from my soul
In times of troubles
In times of victories
I know that You are always with me



It has been an amazing time in Indonesia. 


From reinforcing the idea that traffic is REALLY not my style (I fell asleep every single time I got into the car cause the traffic was nuts, e.g. flight from singapore to jakarta was 2 hours and the drive to cibubur 45 minutes usually by car took 3 hours +) to discovering what it is like to truly live by faith. 


Firstly, thank you for your prayers dearest loved ones. You can trade them for hugs and stories when we next meet. lol. (someone asked me what the exchange rate for one smiley was for those hugs. major LOL)  Your prayers are what kept me and my daddy as we ministered, gave me strength and also drew me closer towards Papa God. 




Second, is that jakarta is (still) very congested and a lot of activity occurs all around us. I was whisked to a house, dinner and then a praise and worship meeting at night on my first night into indonesia. The next day we were whisked off to another meeting in jakarta itself before heading back to cibubur. Daddy decided to let me get a full body massage here before the ministry of the upcoming days and the lady attending to me started speaking to me in korean. lol. After that, dad returned to the house to meet another pastor and they then had a celebration dinner for the host's wife, ibu pini and after eating, we were whisked off to ANOTHER meeting with a man and his business partner who were waiting on the Lord and we sought the guidance of the Lord. Then the nexr day we ministered to a lunch time meeting at a TV station in Jakarta, relocated to the main city itself and repeated the cycle of meetings and more meetings. Saturday daddy was off to Jakarta citiblessings for a seminar first and I joined him later on to share at the end of the class before speaking the 5pm youth service there. Sunday early morning call for daddy who was 2 hours away and being shuttled to two different churches to minister at. I was moved to the GBI nearest mangga dua (two mangoes, literally) shopping center to preach there. I had lunch with the pastors and then went to pick up pulut hitam from a lotte mart and then heading back to pack. Flew back today but almost missed our flight due to traffic. We reached the counter 5 minutes before it closed and managed to clear immigrations just as our plane arrived for boarding. HOME! <3


I really saw daddy's giftings and this trip reminded me of all the things that my family were called to do for Him. I really thank God for that. It helped me appreciate and understand daddy's situation and calling much more too. I also learnt about servant hood, being mainly cooped up in the same room as daddy for the whole trip plus the way in which the indonesian people treated him with respect and love. Made me look at how I treat others around me.


I have three highlights of my trip and maybe I'll tell it in the format of a short story. LOL. or in bullet point. Am really sleepy now and hope to be able to get up early in the a.m. and move about. =P


1. Meeting Pak John the Timorese King (tribal chief- he knows all the family clan names like the back of his hand) He moves in the prophetic just like me!!! hee hee. The funny thing about this "chance" encounter with him was that he doesn't speak english and I don't speak bahasa indonesia but we both started laughing and my spirit leapt when I shook hands with him. I heard the Holy Spirit whisper "powerful" in my ear before I knew about him and his position in Indonesia. A lot of cool stuff happened here in discussion -but you'd have to write me personally or meet me to hear about this. Thank you for interceding with me about my future, a lot of things have locked into place.


2. God asked someone to buy land and build a pool. like WHAT!?! haha. you'd think this was an ego trip- consumerist-materialist story, but uh-uh. This man had no cash to buy it, had to trust God for it and built the pool as ordered- only to be told that his house and pool is now in demand by the nearby churches for water baptisms cause indonesian christians cannot use public places to baptise their members. PRAISE GOD! =) His house is so lovely. If I wanted to own a house in south east asia, it'd be his. ^^ Where you can feel the palpable presence of God in the place. 




3. The Sunday Service. I found the ministry that appeals to my destiny and calling the most. Meeting with young people so on fire for God cause they have no other choice in life. Not only do they have nothing but NO ONE to rely on except God. The passion of these youths and their pastors to reach out and do great things for the Kingdom of God continuously, astounded me. They come from broken homes and families, have very little but dream to do very big things for God. And here is where the Holy Spirit moved. He told me five minutes before this service to chuck the message that was prepared and just share my life. 


I obeyed and the whole church ended up on their knees crying and in prayer. No hands were laid but deliverance was taking place, people were feeling the Holy Spirit and there was hope renewed. This is what the Lord was asking me to do. To be faithful in the small things and to just obey. 


I had the time just to hug some of the young girls afterwards (in keeping with women's ministry), many of whom broke down and cried uncontrollably just cause they could feel the Love of Papa God and the Holy Spirit's presence in my life. Praise God. If He had sent me here to come to only this one small church, I would've come. 




"Lord, I ask for the nations. To the ends of the earth I will go, as long as You are with me." 


Will share more when we catch up again. I love you intercessors, thank you for being faithful in prayer. My victories are also your victories, because you stood with me in battle. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment