Saturday, July 09, 2011

Reformatting my Heartdrive

My facebook status reads:
Hi friends. I will be "disconnecting" for the next 48 hours. Going to take time out to "reformat" my life and also to seek God about my future. Will be blogging what I learn in this period of time, but will not respond to comments. If you need to contact me urgently, please feel free to give me a call. If not, I'll see you on facebook/ whatsapp/ email/ social media on 11th July. God bless and keep you always. ♥

For these next two days, I'll be going on a "world" fast. ^^

Everything that I usually am connected to, everything that lets me know about what others are up to- I will disconnect from just to spend time with the Lover of my soul.

I figured that this would then ensure that I'm not competing with anyone for status, recognition, salary or pride while making a decision for my work and job.But that I remember Who was the one who called me and gave me life, talents, skills to even do the work I do.

It will give me clarity on how to deal with issues in my family and the issues that my family need miracles for in this period of time.

This period of time will allow me to sit in my Father's arms and crave my Lover's hugs and whispered sweet nothings. Something that will give me the recharge that I so very badly need.

I am also taking time out to pray about a future relationship. One that has been prophesied and told to me many times recently. I was encouraged by two friends' relationship and what the gentleman wrote to his lady.

I echo his words "I have always been looking for the 'right one' to come into my life. But God was telling me to BE the 'right one' for somebody." And I agree that I'm going to yield to God to teach me this.



"In the quiet
In the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored
When You call i won't refuse
Each new day again I'll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos in confusion
I know You're sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will
When You call I won't delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope
All of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord
Forever more"


There are moments in my life where I am thankful for Godly counsel in the form of my beloved brothers and sisters that God has given to me.

They constantly stop me and check me.

Asking me questions such as:

"Between taking a horror job and being jobless what would you take?"
"Please be sure that what you're doing is what God is calling you to do."
"Are you reaching the right communities and people or are you doing it because YOU want to?"
"Why are you overworking yourself again? Isn't your health, family and spending time with God more important?"
"Do you have to solve ALL your family's problems?"
"Why are you not letting others love you?"

My old friends constantly tell me to "let go, and LIVE. FEEL. LOVE. and BE LOVED"

And I thank God for them.

It has been true that my life so far has been lived in a blur. Of constantly running on this treadmill of never ending "work" or so I chose to deceive myself into thinking.

I remember what someone told me "Work will always be around. There is no excuse for not eating or skipping a meal." (there is NO EXCUSE for not spending time with the One who loves me the most.)

What is Esther made up of? It's time to check my heart against His word.

For those of you who are reading this and are praying alongside me/ for me in this time, thank you. I appreciate it and thank you in advance (before I meet you to share, that is). =)

I have three questions I am bringing to God this time around:
1. What job, Lord? What future?
2. My family.
3. Relationship.

As the Lord answers- and I know He will, I will update them here so that you will be able to walk beside me through these answers. I love you my dearest treasures (on this Earth)

Remember that there is One who has loved you more than life and who is waiting for you to come running into His arms.

 Just as I am running to Him today. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment