Sunday, July 17, 2011

Man shall not live by bread alone

Yesterday's post: Good morning manila!!!

Esther is currently on a pesonal mission to the philippines cause i heard God say come. This is before formal ministry beginning wednesday in indonesia.

It appears as though the people that i love a lot- need a lot of love and prayer. It has been almost a year til the day we all met in Gonzaga Hall in Sogang University Korea and there has been a whole bunch of things that happened since then.

/edit: I think i want to fly at sunset. I realised why that i love this time of the day. The lovely purple sunset... The moon rising in the night sky... Was so weird... Lol. But very beautiful. I also saw a complete rainbow while flying out from singapore. Hahaha. My covenant keeper, He is. ^^

I took the time to read my bible onboard the flight and to re-copy out the passages of scripture that people gave me during this week. I also rewrote all my dreams again so that I could remember that they will come to pass. ^^ This helped me through two things- hunger because i did not have the cash to buy dinner on the budget airline. Lol! And two... Remind me of God's master plans for my life. I truly learnt in that moment what it was like when you are so enraptured with God that "man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." =) Just before the plane landed I heard the Holy Spirit ask me once more "Queen esther what do you want?" So I asked that wherever my feet stepped would be given to me for ministry.

To my prayer warriors- I am staying with my korean exchange friend and her family. They are catholic and taking great care of me. I am sleeping on the floor in true korean style and had my first meal in philippines made up of bananas, tangerines and 서울우유!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ my first words in the philippines was in korean to her dad "안녕하세요 아저씨" lol!!! Talk about being unable to escape destiny. Haha. ^^ i had a meaningful htht with her while trying to sleep the night before and she seems more strengthened by my presence here.



Today's post: yes amie, I got your smses and email. Lol. I just can't respond to either. My wireless signal here only lets me fb or blog and i disabled roaming.Haha. But I am encouraged that you are encouraged by my posts here too. To God be the Glory! ^^

Today was a super long day. I went to an ancient city in manila called intramuros and tim + chlory you would know what i mean by creepy when i stepped into the manila cathedral if you cross reference it with the church of the holy sepulchre in jerusalem. *shivers* But i learnt all about the history of this nation in this place. I LOVE the quaint spanish towns and buildings there. It was funny because a quiet morning/ afternoon exploring and semi baking in the sun turned into a full out celebration at this HUGE MEGA MALL called the "mall of asia". If you had read the latest blog post by jaeson ma, you would know the confirmation i also received that the Holy Spirit is moving in Asia. And remember what i asked for? Wherever my feet stepped on. Lol. I shall take this as a personal sign to me that God will give me Asia to reap for His kingdom. (I was also elated to discover breadtalk, ya kun kaya toast and.... Gong Cha!!!)

I met all my "kids" and spent time talking to them individually. I missed them so much. They call me "mareng esther" here which is somewhat like "mama esther". Lol. =_=" i know, i know chlory, dun start.I saw the sunset at the bay and had authentic filippino food today. Went to one of the guys' houses and they started playing rockband and drinking games.This is where you would think that God won't use you. But everywhere the world over, the two principalities that youths have to break out of is this: alcoholism and addiction to video games.

So I waited. And only sang songs that amie and ryan would sing...i.e. "Just the way you are". Hee hee. While i waited...the song on my blog came to me. And i realised i would serve Him then. What happened next broke my heart. Because of the alcohol... Most of them got drunk and the mareng had an instant ministry field. I had "kids" who were so lost without Christ that when they poured out their sorrows and what they had been through after exchange, my eyes welled up with tears. I almost lost a friend to suicide, two more to severe clinical depression and a couple more to accidents due to drunk driving.

They had no direction. And no hope. In that moment i thanked God for dealing wondrously with me after exchange. I thanked God for you. All i could do was hold them tight as they cried and cried to me about their lives. I prayed silently over them as they told me about their fears and openly told them to never do anything stupid cause they would hurt people who loved them- including me.

"Perfect love cast out all fear."

I was ministering tonight. Not in words or preaching to the thousands- but by lifestyle. No drop of alcohol, no word of evil passing my lips. Only Papa God's great love. And i cannot help but remember that "The greatest of these is love." it is true. You have no clue what you can do in people's lives. If only you just love them and accept them for who they are. ^^

Pray for me dearests. I have much work to do.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment