Monday, March 15, 2010

Workstress and the LPC

Hey guys and girls! As you can see, I revamped my blog now with a clean layout and nice new gadgets. On the suggestion from a couple of people, I changed it up. ^_^ Let me outline some of the changes:


1. There's a page navigation zone below the picture of the pretty roses for easier reference.
2. My page will display only one post at a time, so as not to look too cluttered. You can refer to the archives on the right for the other posts or just click "older posts"
3. For Google account users (gmail/ blogger/ wordpress ,etc) there is now a "subscribe" button on the right to help facilitate easier management of all your google content (youtube/ iPhone apps/ gmail, etc)
4. I've also added the direct "comments" tab at the bottom of each post, in place of my old chat box... cause this serves a better function for me. =)


If you have other suggestions, you can email me. Hope it has become "more people friendly" (Kenny Wong, 2010) now. I'll be using this blog for all updates on exchange in Aug too. *excited*


I found it really apt that the in class topic of discussion this week is Leadership and work health.
Having done Fiedler's Least Preferred Co-worker (LPC) three times, with the results always turning out to be "Relationship Oriented" I jumped at the fact that this week I was deemed "Task-oriented". I think week 10, 11, 12, 13's demands of being task focused resulted in this funny "mishap". 


It's also great for a quick refresher before all the LTB presentations in weeks 12 and 13. I'll be able to critique every presentation more effectively now. 


Then, with regards to work stress. Everyone is hitting maximum cognitive load these couple of weeks. I did hit it last week too, but the Lord was faithful to me. He brought me people who spoke into my life and gave me that necessary "Times of refreshing". 





Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)


 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."


I think this is a good reminder to all of us even as we strive for excellence in school. To allow the Lord to be the one who takes on our burdens and cares. Heavenly Father, I pray that You will lead us and guide us daily so that the toil of working the land will not become a curse to us, but that you will pour forth your healing and rest to us. For you are the Prince of Peace, the one that allows us to triumph over our situations, in you.


Alternatively, if you have been searching for a Stress reduction kit, you can always use this:



加油 everyone! Gambatte! Hwaiting! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment