Wednesday, February 14, 2007



" LOVE IS: patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS." 1 Cor 13: 4 - 8


I thought this would be the perfect way to start the post on Valentine's Day- with my favourite definition of love. To all the lovers, husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends- this is YOUR day. (when PDA is encouraged... lol) I think it's so wonderful to be serving a God whose name is LOVE. I mean can you imagine what state we'd be in if we did not have that? oh and btw, for a very good piece on what is love-please refer to natalie's blog post. http://aquacity.livejournal.com/77677.html#cutid1 yeah.



I love how valentine's day is celebrated at ACS INTERNATIONAL. It is THE biggest event of the year you know? It's like a christmas celebration, except with chocolates, flowers, cookies and song dedications. And who better to spend the day than with the people you love? [I remember last year's-it was awesome!] I also noticed a heck of a lot of couples in town with bouquets of roses (my fave flowers!) holding hands and looking all happy. It's a wonder how God made women to be happy and contented with flowers. lol.



Spent my valentine's with Penny and the OLs today. (thanks so much for the cookies, brownies, cupcakes, flowers, song dedications, hugs, kisses, etc) you guys and gals rock! *love my ac intl hugs* Gave nat a tomato plant! haha. Dispensed roses to Jobelle and Cara (At her last day in ZARA) before taking the MRT to office. I am recovering from a cold I caught and so it's made me mood swingy and tired I guess. LOVE to those who put up with me!

A really close friend of mine (shan't name who, but I love her lots) has made me MORE reflective due to her sms about nostalgia and the way things were. She's right yarh. Things change, but in time, we'll see it's for the better. She's mood swingy too! LOL. Another friend of mine was saying that it is sad how she goes all out to DO stuff for her friends, but never gets anything back in return from them. And so she feels depressed on v-day. hmm... but their words and thoughts have brought me to another definition of love- Mother Theresa's. "LOVE IS: giving till it hurts and then giving somemore."

I guess it's interesting to note how the rose easily sums it up. ( a poem I wrote today- 14/2/2007)

Roses


A rose is not a rose by any other name,
but it symbolises a yearly lover's game.
To each who loves, the heart defined
In petals pink and red refined.

A person a rose doth often reflect
When sad, the petals close, refusing to act
But when in love, it starts to bloom
And lights up the atmosphere of a room


A fragile flower, this thing of beauty
But when called upon, duly serves its duty
To present itself as a sacrifice, innocent and defenseless
But this results in true love- isn't that priceless?


Roses are indeed roses- truly beautiful things
when it sees one "romance and love" is what my heart sings
for indeed when God saw all of creation, He was justly elated
especially at You and I, the "roses" He created.


God Bless you, my dear roses! My huggables, kissables, loveables, besties, bros, buddies, sistas, family and friends. And don't worry if you're feeling left out this valentine's day-God has THE ONE chosen for you. Don't feel like you need a boyfriend/ girlfriend just cause everyone has one or to fill an empty void. Just love and be loved knowing that God has His plan for you-all in His time. LOVE much! *muacks*