Friday, December 29, 2006

Engkau besar

hi guys and girls! haven't been online for quite sometime eh? MERRY CHRISTMAS (BELATED) and a happy new year! [selamat natal dan tahun bahru 2007] hey van thanks for the greetings. anyway! time for an update!!!
was occupied all the way from the 18th-22nd of dec (therefore no internet usage-collapse due to exhaustion @ the end of each day..lol) in school helping out with orientation camp. Has been great. Got to spend more time with pennywenny (onoez) and got to know the games comm (nic, vic, kermit, dave..lol). I love you ppl. ^_^ "in games we trust..(my foot)" LOL. erm, significant things to note in that week, met miriam...haha...JON!!! PIX PLEASE! spent time with jon and yessie again.. ^_^ and daphne lim rescued me. (loooveee)

yeah. so for the better part of my last 7 days, I was in Indonesia. [yes iain-indonesia, amrit land] so on 22nd night, we arrived in jakarta. loved it a lot. it was a weird thing to experience, but my spirit felt like it came home (I owe to the bit of me that has indo blood...lol) and it has been 10 years since I last stepped into indonesa. anyway, loved jakarta..23rd we had a tour of jakarta by car (no amrit, we did not enjoy the jams...but we barely had them... the cars just don't like you la) but it was super hectic. Daddy spoke at 3 services. One in an AOG church towards the highway going towards bandung...(forgot the name of the area.. starts with a G though. lol.) then at 2 gereja bethel international churches. we did ministry to the pastors and their family. Like ALL of us. kids included. I really was touched by ibu dianna's life and was really glad that we got a chance to minister to her. (SHE KNOWS BENNY HINN!!!) hahaha... one thing about asian hospitality though... we keep feeding ppl. So guess what? I got fed. lol. A LOT. ohohoh!!! and I saw wawan yap and joy tobing (INDONESIAN IDOL! ) serving at the 2nd service-at GBI.. and Rudy Hartono! hee.

so anyway. we moved on to puncak on christmas day... ^_^ It was COOL. I spent the whole day sleeping with windows and doors open. haha. couldn't help it. was sooo tired from jakarta's meetings. then we got driven to bandung the very next day.. =_=" travelling all the time. met crystal and family... (cue photo)

yep. this was on the way back to jakarta from bandung. this was also AFTER I could finally hold down my food without puking, my whole family came down with food poisoning (and were constantly throwing up) in bandung. This photo was taken when I was MUCH better and the wind from the highway was making us high. LOL.

So reflections:

Indonesia is an incredibly interesting place (like I was telling mel) the rich are super rich and the poor are super poor. and they live side by side. Like you see a HUUUUUUUUUUGGEEEEEEEEE and I mean HUMONGOUS MANSION next to really poor, water logged slum area. (And I get what sugi meant about the 12 foot glass windows. lol) Because of us all falling sick, we didn't get a chance to shop but I still went to see the shopping malls on the last day and OMG. surprise... this is a mall called Ciempelas Walk (or CIWALK)



and well, I fell in love with the people and the country... I mean the way we were taken care of (even though we were sick) really made me appreciate the people who are so willing to serve. And they gave me a good impression of indonesians. It wasn't the big churches, the big houses/ cars or the super rich who bought us gifts and food, etc. But it was the friends we made. They touched me the most on this trip. ^_^ Tuhan membergati! God bless indo. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment