Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dance with my father-Luther Vandross

I'm back!!! ^_^ haha. I know a couple of you guys and gals have been trying to reach me desperately... sorry, forgot to tell you that one of the camp rules is no use of electronic items-to shut you in with God. so, yeah. lol. AWWW... Sorry sean!!! hahaha...
Answers to tags:
Agamemnon: it was a ball.. it's called prom over here instead. How come you're not coming over for christmas? Your sis will be here for a party at jonathan's you know? LOL.
Li-en: LOL. way ahead of you la dear sister. lol. I know. Shin and CG are darn cute after you watch the character development. LOL. love you.
BLOG POST- my testimony:
There is a saying that goes "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven".
I left for this particular transformational camp in a semi-moody, condemned state and I thought my whole world was crashing down. I know this sounds weird and semi-unestherish.. but I DO go through these periods. And guess what? I found out the reason why I was having these feelings. Turns out that I got promoted to the role of facilitator from that of faciliatator-in-training at this camp. I've always known I was made a sensitive individual and a burden bearer, but not to this extent! LOL. As a facilitator of your group, you've got to be tuned to the needs and the feelings of the members of the group and God was training and developing another area in my life. I found it incredibly easy to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and ended up tuning in to the campers' emotions. It turned out that as I shared how I was feeling, the campers were able to identify the emotions and we shared and prayed about them. That lifted my burdens instantly and caused a great deal of freedom for both myself and the campers. A second thing about this particular camp was the amount of spiritual warfare the committee had to go through in the run up to the camp and it was amazing how God worked through our lives after we fought through. This camp was incredibly intensive and I was set free from two other patterns I could see in my life (ask me, and ye shall receive answers) LOL. anyway, it was an incredibly powerful time with everyone getting breakthroughs and absolutely exhausting. [Orientation camp '06 was a breeze man-compared to this] I guess cause since emotions are involved and you're pouring out your heart as a facilitator, you get drained so easily. But I had a tremendous time with God this camp- being shut in with Him gives you focus and a new ability to face life. I want to talk about samech ( pronounces sha-mec) which means full circle. I started off this year in a group called Fides, which means faith. And all throughout the year I felt my faith tried and tested. To me, one of the most significant things that God did was place me back in "FAITH". haha. It affirmed me and gave me a strength to rebuild and rekindle my walk with Abba Father. It's interesting how as I was here being touched by God, my sister was in Thailand experiencing the same faith building experience. This was indeed a fantastic conclusion to the year of 2006 and I thank God for every minute of it.
So this is addressed to anyone who went through/ are going through what I did... In the words of a song:
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realise what life is all about
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light ...
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment