Sunday, November 26, 2006

Seasons of love

How do you measure, measure a year?
Or two for that matter?
OMG. It's over.
Grad/prom... year 6. It's over. I'm still in shock. I'm still missing the feeling. My body clock primes me for school. My brain keeps thinking there's chapel. I feel like I'm missing something.
Ack, anyway to cut long stories short, I cried during grad (while giving my speech). It wasn't supposed to happen-but when you type it and when you actually hold the paper and read it out.... and the words take on a new meaning... whoa sheesh. So I cried. Nat has written a brilliant entry: go take a look.
I know you ppl are curious as to what made me cry. so here is an extract of the section that did:
Dearest classmates,
what left an impression on me was the last official day of school. It meant that we weren't ever going to sing the anthem or say the pledge together anymore. It meant that I would not see the people I had spent almost 2 years of my life with almost every day of the year on a regular day-to-day basis anymore.
You were the strangers I played with at orientation last year. You were my classmates that I had bio, lit, geog, gp, chinese and PE with. You were the OGLs I danced beside. You were the ones who made me smile, the ones who made me laugh, the ones who stood beside me, who comforted me when I was down. You were the ones who made my every day worth living, who made school something to look forward to, You helped me out with homework, shared your tears, fears and joy with me. You brought me out, surprised me, prayed alongside me. You jumped up and down with me, taught me how to love myself, sang with me, stressed out with me, shopped with me, went to parties with me. And you never failed to show me what truly beautiful people you were, and still are.
I laughed my butt off at prom. laughed and laughed and laughed. ^_^ must be good to have your mascara and eyeliner coming out all the time due to "tears of joy". OMG. I'll miss ACS International so much. Especially my classmates. haiz.
And so my day has officially started. After prom (1am) we went traipsing around marina aquare...and then took a cab to eski bar to check out the cold room... haha. it's cold. -5 degrees. In prom dresses. lol. and then had porridge at 2.30am. And got a ride home at 3.15am. I took a shower and wiped the makeup off and finally went to bed on my "boyfriend" (the one I come home to every night....hahah) my pillow at about 4am. Woke up at 1.35pm, took a bath (a lot of hairspray ya'll) and then here I am now after clearing email, sharing my lucky draw gift with my dad and thinking that I want to relive SOME of the best memories over and over and over again. pssh. Best two years of my life so far-hands down. Thanks everyone for making it so. love and blessings always.

No comments:

Post a Comment