Saturday, August 27, 2011

Journey to the past




I think God really wants GIG and I to spend time together. LOL. =)


Thanks for being my source of books. <3 And a great encourager, and awesome prayer partner and for being the only other girl who seems to think like me. hahaha. 


"If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it is because pieces will feed a multitude, while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad." - Ruth Stull, Peru "Passion and Purity"


Today I learnt that love is powerful. "Perfect Love casts out all fear". I was able to accept being loved- For the first time ever. God had to work on me for a full year before coming to today. 


It came from the revelation that waiting upon the Lord and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you" was truly right. Waiting, my dear friends is indeed worth it cause God will continue to surprise you all the time. 


"Waiting means-
steadfastness, that is holding on;
patience, that is holding back;
expectancy, that is holding the face up;
obedience, that is holding one's self in readiness to go or do;
listening, that is holding quiet and still so as to hear. 


How long Lord, must I wait?
Never mind child, Trust Me." 
-S.D Gordon "Quiet Talks on Prayer"


I hope to be able to share more with you as this journey continues. How apt that it is a "journey to the past" for me to learn to break down, let go, heal...in order to move forward. 


"Waiting silently is the hardest thing of all. But the things that we feel most deeply, we ought to learn to be silent about it, at least until we have talked them over thoroughly with God." - Passion and Purity


All I can say is that God is cheeky, is the master matchmaker and has great plans for you. I have seen His faithfulness to me, in His secret codes with me. He slowly breaks them over the years and meets me in adventures that I never expected.


Thank you for taking that risk and initiating God's love (and yours) towards me. You are a strong and unbelievably courageous person to do that. To a girl who is still hurting and learning how to accept love and love herself as she loves others, being so patient and gentle with my heart... It really took me this long to accept that every small action and thing you have done so far, every word you have said to me- has helped me heal from the wounds inflicted on me in my past and fall hopelessly and deliriously in love with our King. I still cannot believe that you are in my life and what you see in me - I find myself thinking (often) if this is too good to be true. I know you love challenges and I am afraid you have a really big one ahead of you in me, cause of the complexities that used to help me hold my life together that I have to unlearn and my secret codes with God. But I am learning to surrender all and trust Him with you because of your bravery and in response I pray He teaches me daily, one step at a time. 


Stay safe in His arms everyone! Hugs. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment