Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Divine Connection


^_^
 I just thought that this was representative of  "picking up the call for intercession".


(and also really cute)

I had an interesting discussion lately about living with the end in mind. If you KNEW what was coming, you'd be living your life to the maximum. You'd be doing things that mattered WITH the people that mattered to you. And your life would gain purpose, passion and a whole different perspective. As bestie says "you'd live with no regrets." =)

I had that lesson taught to me recently. And it is amazing, to say the least. I will never be able to deny God's presence in my life BECAUSE He is so real to me. And I don't think I can ever turn back from loving deeper, speaking sweeter and giving forgiveness that I'd been denying... cause you'd realise this; things that used to be important suddenly lose the shimmer and shine in the shadow of what is eternal, "whatever is pure, whatever is beautiful, whatever is just..." 

These last two weeks required that I put my whole being on the line. Required me to demand more of God than I have ever done before, required me to live on the edge of my seat, stretch my faith, put my heart on the line...and listen to the voice of my Lover. I can assure you that you'll never turn back when you meet God this way. You'll never be the same when He proves to you that He loves you and the shock of that resonates through every fibre of your being. 

"I LOVE YOU" 

Three simple words. 

Three simple words that is the key to unlocking the Kingdom of God. 

"For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son for whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

"In the end only these three things remain. Faith, Hope and LOVE. But the Greatest of these is LOVE."

"A new commandment I give unto you; that you LOVE one another as I have LOVED you. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have LOVE one for another."

"There is no greater commandment than this. 'LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your spirit. And LOVE your neighbour as yourself."

God calls us Son and Daughter, Kings and Queens. But He also calls us friend and LOVER. Why did He have to include a whole book (Song of Songs) that talks about the most intimate kind of love between that of lovers? Cause He knows that this is something that every single believer struggles with accepting. 

Unconditional Love.

Love that fills and fulfills. Love that gives us back our strength and our beauty. Love that ministers to the very heart of our Father. Intimacy. Falling in love with Jesus means falling in love with people. lol. It is part of his commandment. It means learning to love your neighbour as YOURSELF. It requires us to be challenged to learn to accept ourselves and others unconditionally. Despite character/ physical flaws... and just to love them and ourselves. 


To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact,
you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal.
Wrap it careful round with hobbies and little luxuries;
avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.
But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless- it will change.
It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...
The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of Love, is Hell.

- C.S Lewis, The Four Loves

In the end, truly only love matters. And I thank God that the adventure has only begun. 



Verse 1
He said I was in my early forties, with a lot of life before me
And one moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days, looking at the x-rays
Talking bout' the options and talking bout' sweet times.
I asked him when it sank in, that this might really be the real end
How's it hit 'cha when you get that kind of news?
Man what did ya do?
He said

Chorus
I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

Verse 2
He said I was finally the husband, that most the time I wasn't
And I became a friend, a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden goin' fishin, wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I finally read the good book, and I took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then

Chorus
I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Shu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

Bridge
Like tomorrow was the end
And ya got eternity to think about what to do with it
What should you do with it
What can I do with it
What would I do with it

Skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And man I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'

No comments:

Post a Comment