Sunday, July 25, 2010

An evening's walk - an allegory

Full moon, light up the sky
Tonight I walked
With heart ablaze
Set on my path
Set on my destination
So sure
So silent
So confident


Darkness falls
A cat meows
Thoughts flutter through my mind


Footsteps falter
Ouch! A stone in my shoe!
Feelings flood
Pain. 
Hopeless
Romantic?


I think of you dear moon
Will I ever match up to you?
You're so bright
And too far to reach
Your face
Scarred but beautiful
Has seen the years go by


Darkness falls again
Clouds cover
I hasten my pace
Where are you now, oh moon?
I miss you
I walk on, alone.


Lightning flashes
Thunder beckons
I hurry home.
I am not in control tonight
Of the weather
My thoughts
My feelings


I think I fell in love with the moon.
Even though I know
The sun awaits me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment