Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Okay, I have to admit... I've not seen a report card quite like this. In fact, it's not much... well.. it's not even anything, technically... on the surface that is.

But let us just take a look back on this semester and you will soon see the hand of God on this person's life.

September, Friday morning at Chapel service- collapse and vomiting. Trip to the doctor's was to take a jab for the pain. Can't sit, sleep or stand.

Monday morning-excrutiating pain in school during lesson. Return home during break. Monday midnight: check into hospital.

Over the next six weeks, I would have needles stuck into me, all sorts of tests taken and a FULL 3 weeks of lessons missed. Not counting the days I had to return for tests in hospital. Projects, homework and exams assaulted me as soon as I returned to the classrooms.

If you study in SMU you'd know how important class participation is and how much you'd have to do if you missed even ONE lecture in a week. I missed 3 weeks- that's six modules times 3- which gives you 18 lessons to catch up on.

Miraculously, I became better instantly one Friday. It went away. I studied like mad after that... writing notes, reading textbooks and being as loud as possible in every class in order to try and make up for the grades.

2 weeks ago I ended my exams and grades started flooding in the monday directly after. Not that good, but miraculous considering the circumstance. And then a bombshell- an F.

I knew things were bad, but not THAT bad. I've never been able to come to terms with an F. I remember depression while everyone else rejoiced over the fact that they would never have to see their text again. I was dreading summer school retakes and the fact that I might not be able to go for the 1st transformation camp in the USA.

I stared hard at this mountain written on a piece of paper a few saturdays back. I stared at it and remembered what Evan West said about faith.

It moved.

My F turned into a C- today because of a technical glitch in the system! The Lord answered my prayers and preserved me in my first year at SMU. "Tell me what is impossible with God"

Nothing will stand in my way now.