Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kia Ora AOTEAROA

Hey all. I'm home. But it feels so...sad... like we left a whole world behind. You'll understand when you go to AOTEAROA (New Zealand, it translates into "land of the long white cloud" in maori) I fell in love with New Zealand. So if ppl ask me who I'm in love with...haha...Jesus and Aotearoa. ^_^ I need to credit Michelle (our guide) on a lot of this. I saw New Zealand through her eyes...hiking up mountains and walking through gorgeous forests...playing with hot spring chemistry, sand dune measurements, geysers erupting, glow worm caves ...sigh...the beach sparkled literally..beautiful white sand beaches, saw a lake larger than Singapore... New Zealand is an earth place...beautiful EVERYTHING. But I guess the one thing I treasured the most in this trip were the people. Ameer, Amrit, Charmaine, Denise, Leona, Lydia, Azfar, Victoria, Viresh, Yanning, Karmani, Kenneth, Gowri, Steph, Yi Xian, Ananya, Jonathon, Po Ni, Ria, Dawn and Kui-YOU GUYS ROCK. I'm so glad it was with you that I spent this trip with. Mr and Mrs Naidu (thanks for the letter) it was greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt fun... lol...[GOOD FOR YOU!] ^_^ Mrs MacDonald for even getting me there. [Sophie!!! I love you!] Chris, I'm so glad to have met up again...it truly made things special...for those of us who had friends in New Zealand (Victoria and Karmani nods...lol) I left New Zealand feeling at peace with myself and in awe of God's creations. I think in this trips' solitude I found acceptance of myself as one of God's creations. And I don't think I'll look at anybody the same way again too... we're all as special as the tiny little bugs we found in the streams,the endangered kiwi birds or the morepork owls in the trees above. Enjoy these few pictures first-will post again soon. Kia Ora!
P.S: I'm writing in silver..the colour of the ferns that accurately marked the trail that the maori took (at night) to their hunting grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment